My life

My life

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Fat lips are in.

A head-butt to the mouth started off the day followed by countless slaps, pinches, kicks, scratches, hair yanks and a bite to the back of my thigh....and that was just today. But for every fat lip or bruise, there are equal amounts of kisses, hugs, and loves from my sweet boy.

Milo cannot communicate with words, so sometimes a pinch to my arm is all he knows what to do to gain my attention. It bloody hurts and sometimes a tear wells up in my eye (the bite to the back of my thigh had me wimpering like a baby), but I know Milo is frustrated that he cannot use words to ask me what he wants. He isn't pinching to be malicious or to cause pain. You would kick and  pull hair too if you had an abnormal brain wave pattern.

We just found out today that Milo will start seeing Rosemary White, an amazing pediatric behavioral and occupational therapist on a weekly basis. Milo participated in Rosemary's six-week summer camp and we saw a dramatic improvement in this "aggresive" behavior. I can't wait to learn from Rosemary. We might have to rob a bank to learn from her, but her expertise and knowledge of how Milo's brain works is worth every penny.

I love Milo's hugs and kisses, but the day Milo uses his voice and says to me, "Mommy, I love you", is the day I will cry out of joy and not pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment