My life

My life

Sunday, November 28, 2010

out of my control

I can always tell when Milo is having a seizure. He sits down next to me and is very still and quiet. When he catches me looking at him, he pushes my face away and say's "no, no". Milo doesn't want me to watch. He is fully aware that something is happening. I ask, "Milo, are you ok?" he replies, "no, no." He remains still with his mouth open just slightly, his eyes are looking around, and then all of a sudden his face moves, almost as if someone is pulling his face back. It's hard to describe other than it's a subtle facial movement. This staring/face movement will typically last about a minute and then he is back to himself. The seizures don't seem to hurt him, but he is old enough now to understand when an episode is coming on and when it is actually happening. All I can do is put my arms around him and comfort him and let him know how much I love him and it will be ok. I wish I could believe my own words.

No comments:

Post a Comment